The Indian Lifesciences industry is on the threshold of entering a new era of growth and positivity, promising extraordinary growth and an innovation driven bioeconomy. The Indian biotechnology sector is one of the fastest growing knowledge based sectors in India and is expected to play a key role in shaping India’s rapidly developing economy. With numerous comparative advantages in terms of R&D facilities, knowledge skills and cost effectiveness, the biotechnology industry in India is fast emerging as a Global Leader.
Leading the world:: India is among the top six producers of pharmaceuticals in the world.
World Renowned Quality: Approx. 1,297 WHO GMP standard manufacturing units.
A Pharma Hub: Over 10,500 manufacturing units & over 3,000 pharma companies growing at an exceptional rate.
Affordable Quality: Manufacturing costs are approx. 35-40% of those in the US due to low installation & manufacturing costs.
Growing Capabilities: Large pool of scientific talent at a reasonable cost.
Dedicated to Excellence: 19 dedicated pharmaceutical SEZs at various stages.
- Front Runner in Life Science Innovation and Manufacturing in the Country.
- About 33% of the vaccines produced globally are from Hyderabad.
- Inherent strengths in basic and advanced sciences (including chemistry, biology, IT, etc.), concentration of activities across verticals, and disease profile enables seamless forward and backward linkages / integration for product development including clinical development and translational research.
- Availability of ready to occupy facilities in various sizes with common facilities and large bank of land.
- High quality ecosystem with rich talent pool puts Hyderabad ahead.
Life Sciences Hub – Conducive Ecosystem
Houses India’s largest and only systematically developed biotech cluster – the Genome Valley.
Pharma Capital of India -Accounts for about 35-40% of India’s pharma production.
Seed Capital of India - Houses Country’s first translational platform.
India’s first Medical Devices Park with common facilities and incubation services.
Significant number of CROs/CMOs, vivarium, and testing laboratories easing the outsourcing.
Be a part of Hyderabad’s continuing growth story!